Monday, February 15, 2010

Video: Jay Z 'On to the Next one', Clipse/Camron 'Back by Popular Demand'

I've already blogged about Jay's new track and where Swizz Beatz jagged the addictive chorus from, so I thought I better up the clip as well. The Clipse/Camron collabo, although not being the out-the-park beast we all expected it to be, is still a worthwhile banger featuring three of the best lyricists in the game.

I'm still waiting for Killa Cam to return on some Purple Haze s**t, because his last album was not the salvo I was hoping it would be. Ditto the Clipse, who I hate to hate on for being too commercial, so I won't. What I will say is that the beat choices for their latest album were not on par with their last classic release (admittedly they set the bar pretty high with Hell hath no fury). Maybe an all Pharrell produced album is something they need to explore on the next joint.



No comments: