Saturday, January 30, 2010

Video: Big Day Out 2010 Adelaide - Hilltop Hoods et al

With much sadness, I missed the Big Day Out this year, so I hit up Youtube to provide some solace. Hilltop Hoods have been rightfully promoted to the main stage this year, they seemed to enjoy their victory lap.



I was really miffed I didn't go because I didn't get to see one of my favourite artists, Girl Talk. Lucky I caught him last year at Laneway, so those memories eased the pain a little. He loves the crowd, and with the ever-present spectre of the copyright police standing over him, he to treat each performance like his last. Lets hope he continues to make his unique mash-ups for years to come.



Although Dizzee Rascal has moved far from his grime roots towards a more commercially viable sound, he still has one of the most unique flows in all of music. He can take what could have been a dire pop experiment (Holiday, Dance Wiv Me, Bonkers) and somehow make it work by sheer force of will. He's one of the few artists I'll cop every time they release an album.

No comments: