Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dr Dre completes Detox album - so says Snoop

Next to Gun's N Rose' Chinese Democracy album, the most long-awaited album in history has to be Dr Dre's long touted follow-up to Chronic 2001 'Detox.' Well, according to hiphopgalaxy.com and Mr Snoop Dogg, he may have finished.

Snoop Dogg has confirmed his pal Dr. Dre’s long-awaited new album "Detox" is complete, after helping to add the finishing touches.
And the "Gin N’ Juice" hitmaker is convinced the rap mogul’s first new release in nine years will put him back at the top of the hip-hop game.
Snoop reveals Dre is currently selecting tracks for the album, adding, "That record is real, it’s coming... I was starting to doubt it myself and then I went up in there and he played so much music for me it knocked my head off. I see what he got them waiting for. It’s on and poppin’. He got records, he got heat."


I'll believe it when I see it, but if/when it happens, that will be one special day. As long as he doesn't get too caught up making the 'heat' like Timbaland did with the patchy Shock Value, and focus on creating some great music.

No comments: