Monday, July 2, 2007

SUNDAY MIXTAPE
It's been three years since the canadian group set hearts pounding with 'Reunion' and 'Ageless Beauty. The orchestral swelling that abounds on the first track from their forthcoming album blends well with the band's dual vocalist's and distortion-filled backdrop.
Cloetta Paris is a new Swedish duo that reminds me a lot of last year’s sensation Sally Shapiro. “I Miss You Someone” has some of the same Italo Disco influences and similar icy vocals.
Crystal In Love” starts off sounding similar to a John Lennon song with Chao repeating “If I love you today / there are no promises / cause baby should I love you tomorrow,” until the song bridges into swirling electro as Chao pitches his voice up to a Marc Bolan falsetto and well beyond. It’s an amazing song to say the very least.
If you're anything like me, you're sick to death of this song. Almost more sickening is the dearth of Remixes it has spawned. However, this latest mix by the recently departed (from Aussie Shore's) Braxe is the greatest. Braxe sprinkled his remix mojo on Kelis's 'Bossy' last year to tremendous effect, and here again he is back on point. It just makes me feel worse that I did not see him live.

No comments: